Sunday, April 11, 2010

Acer Aspire 7104 Review

I needed one with Windows XP and at least 512 MB of memory. There were other things I also wanted that would make my job easier. I wanted a 17" monitor. I also wanted an integrated keyboard, meaning I wanted it to have a keyboard like a regular desktop keyboard.

I found a pretty great deal through a shopping channel. For $1298 I was able to get a laptop that met my specifications, an all in one printer, router, and a wireless keyboard and mouse. It also included an extended 3 year warranty.

I was also able to make that $1298 in 6 easy payments. Sounded like a terrific deal to me.

I bought an Acer Aspire 7104.

The specifications on this model were:

Intel Celeron M
1.6 GHz
512 MB of Memory
DDR2
80 GB Hard Drive
Optical Drive: Dual Layer DVDB1RW
Integrated Modem
Integrated Graphics
17 inch LCD WXGA

This model also has a built in microphone.

When purchasing this model I was worried that it was not an AMD processor or a Dual Core. Fortunately the processor has not been a problem.

I can run multiple applications and surf various web pages at one time.

I use my laptop for working at home. I can have the applications for work up and when it is slow I am able to play games or surf the web, read emails, etc.

The memory in my old laptop was only 256 plus an added memory chip of 128. I was having some problems with it not being enough memory for being able to run the applications for my work and being able to surf at the same time. The Acer Aspire allows me to do that.

So this model definitely has its pros.

It also has its cons.

The speakers are not half as good as the ones in my older laptop. I have tried adding on external speakers and it still does not sound as well or as loud.

The video card it has does not allow me to play Buena Vista games. This was a disappointment. Knowing the video card is not good enough to play certain games. I wish I had of known that beforehand as I like to play games.

No comments:

Post a Comment